so there are a lot of people who don’t believe in “being positive”, and i understand where it comes from as I was one of those people for a long time..
I also understand that many people find it very difficult to stay positive, and I dont blame them, i actually agree with them! It takes up a lot of energy and requires a lot of concentration to stay positive ..!
generally speaking it is easier to wake up in the morning and be gloomy rather than wake up and push yourself to be all hyper and positive !!
but .. did you ever think that you would just feel much better when you push yourself to be happy? did you ever think that you might actually have a perfect day, or live a better life by forcing a smile on your face? believe it or not it just takes one small smile..
having said that, i do know that it doesn’t stop right there.. drawing/pushing a smile on your face when you first wake up isn’t the hard part of being positive, the hard part is actually keeping the smile on your face for the rest of the day, but as the old saying says (and this is a saying i used to hate): “Practice makes perfect!” ..
and yes you have to PRACTICE being happy and positive for it to have a more permanent effect.. at first it is very difficult but the more you push yourself and as the days go on, you will realize that it is easier to wake up with a smile..
I know it sounds weird (and if you have read my previous posts you know my brain isn’t 100% there), but “I speak the truth !!” .. oh and “I come in peace”
so start slow, push yourself to extremes, find the joy in small things, and even if you face something that is not so good, well, still stay positive ! There is no harm in smiling when you are down or trying to see the light in not getting something you really want..
Last but not least, don’t take positivity for granted!
if you do find someone (who is as crazy as me) trying to push a ray of positiveness around, dont think of them (us.. ME) as idiots or people who have not shed a tear in their (our.. MY) life.. but someone who has seen and experienced both sides and made a choice to live on the bright side !
Tips to help you stay positive:
1) smile as much as you can
2) dress up and look pretty/handsome
3) think of all the good things that happen and try to let go of the bad things.. ON DAILY/HOURLY basis :
- “yaaay breakfast was awesome (it was actually a regular home made cheese sandwich, but at least it didnt taste like dirt)
- wohooo made it to work on time !! (and you do this everyday but no reason to not celebrate)
- I need to go grocery shopping ! \o/ (lets face it we all dislike grocery shopping, but try and get yourself excited, maybe think of all the yummy things you’ll buy)
- aaaand its time to wash the dishes *dancing* (I so dont like washing the dishes but you can always do a little dance while washing them!
4) dotn listen to those horrible sad songs that make you want to kill yourself
5) enjoy your own company !